Join us for a fun and educational experience on the farm!
The magical true story, Jump the Moon, sets the tone for a one-of-a-kind literary adventure on the farm of award-winning children’s author Kathy Simmers.
Meet the author, listen to her read the story and ask her questions. Learn the back story of the book and interact with a variety of Kathy’s four-legged friends at the farm.
The farm ambassadors, Apples, the goat, and Clarice, the llama/alpaca, are delighted to spend time with visitors. Kids will meet and interact with miniature horses, goats and chickens.
No two visits are exactly the same. This unforgettable experience encourages literacy, provides a hands-on learning experience with farm animals and inspires children to never give up on their dreams.
“I have dreamed of living on a farm from the time I was little but it often felt so out of reach. Then the story of Jump the Moon unfolded before my eyes as I watched the girl with the long blonde hair chase her dream. It was her real-life story that gave me the courage to pursue my dream. There is nothing I love more than sharing this story and my farm to show others that no matter how impossible they may seem, dreams really do come true.”
– Kathy Simmers
Meet the Author 90-Minute Farm Visit Includes
- Haystack Storytime: Jump the Moon read by author Kathy Simmers
- “Ask the Author” Q&A + Book Discussion
- Meet the Animals: Get up close and personal with Llamas, Alpacas, Goats and Miniature Horses
*Each experience is unique and can be tailored based on the ages and interests of the kids attending.
Pittsboro, NC, about 35 miles west of Raleigh. The exact address and directions will be provided in your confirmation email.
$120 per group of up to 12 children. Adult admission is FREE
*For custom visits with larger groups please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ordering Options for Jump the Moon
$16.95 for 1-4 books
$14.95 for 5+ books
To get the most out of your visit, pre-purchase your copies of Jump the Moon. Books will be ready for pickup during your tour and Kathy will be happy to sign them!
COVID Safety Precautions
- Farm staff are wearing face coverings (when around guests or other staff).
- Staff are required to pass a health assessment before working each shift.
- If anyone in your group is not feeling well, we ask that you stay home and reschedule your visit.
- Face Coverings are required during your visit, they may be removed briefly with your group for pictures.
- Make use of the hand sanitizer stations throughout the farm.